CPS JAN-2022 QUESTION 5


Due to the Covid-19 pandemic I couldn’t actively participate in clinical problem solving During my 2ND MBBS by taking case reports , so  I try to use every opportunity I get for case taking.

 

While taking a case we come across a lot of patients, some co-operative and some not, some happy to help some just fed-up of answering the same questions again and again . This process of case taking helps us in creating a bond with the patient and their family.

 

To better understand the problems of the patient we must first make them comfortable, they are usually tensed because of their condition/illness so we make them calm and ask the question in such a way that they mention minute details significant tot their Illness, like whatwere they doing when they observed the first symptom.

 

Once for taking a case report I took a colleague along because he’s better well versed with the vernacular languagethan me,  which is really helpful when taking a case report. The patient found It weird me asking the collleague to translate whatever I say after every line. So, I started talking to patient directly, it helped !!! , After a while patient was comfortable and gave me a detailed history about his occupation , his schedule from the moment he woke up to the time he slept before and after he became ill. Some of theother details he mentioned included

l He stopped going towork because he started feeling weaker day by day.

l He admitted about his alcohol dependency which was about 90ml/day which after onset of hisillnes became 180ml/day( he says it made him sleep better) .

l He was a beedi smoke (5 pack years) for 10 years but quit a year ago because said it worsens your condition if you get covid.

 

 

We were supposed to present the case , but unfortunately I couldn’t due to certain reasons..

 

 

ACKNOWLEDMENT

I would like to thank  Dr. Rakesh Biswas sir for providing me with such an oppurtunity.

And,,  DR. Vamshi Krishna sir, DR. Zain Alam sir , Dr. Durga Krishna  sir , Dr. Rashmita ma’am and others , we are really thankfull for the patience with which you people guided  and taught us the Systemic examination, Answered our queries . AGAIN AND AGAIN…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KSHITIJSHARMA CPS JAN-2022

CPS JAN-2022 QUESTION 1